Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Blogging World

I'll admit that I've become addicted to the blogging world. I have several "bookmarked" blogs that I follow regularly. These are people I have never met, nor do I know them. But I read about their lives. Everyday.

Most of the blogs I became aware of by another blog I follow. People put links on their blogs to other blogs and ask you to think of or pray for this family because of the needs they have. So I click and follow the link and before you know it, I am involved in the stories that make up their lives. People I have never met and don't know.

Why are we so interested in those we don't know? Why such voyeuristic intentions? Do we love drama? Maybe. Like a real-life soap opera of sorts? Perhaps. But for me, I think it's just seeing how we are all the same, no matter where in Canada or the US you may live. We laugh, live, love, lose. No one is exempt from joy and pain, life and death, good times and stuggles. It really brings into perspective that in everyone's life "a little rain must fall". Sometimes it's more than rain. More like monsoons.

So I continue to be a voyeur into the lives of others. And, I feel for these people I don't know.

One family I have been reading about had a son name Ryan. He had cancer for the last 5 years. Then, saddly, his mother developed breast cancer about a year and a half ago. She passed away on Wednesday. And sadly, their son died yesterday at the age of 9, 2 days after his mom. Can you even imagine? Say a prayer for this broken family and one of thanks for the blessings you do have in your life. You can read from his blog here.

So I'm sure I will continue to peek into the lives of others. I will be encouraged by their expressions of faith through struggles, the cute photos and the day to day ramblings.

Because we are all the same.

No comments: