Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Welcome to "Grace Between the Lines"


"Bump on the Road” was Annette’s attitude toward her cancer being one more bump in her life to get over in her journey of life here on earth. It was this journey that led her to her eternal home where she no longer must bump along but mount up on wings like an eagle. It is time for this blog to metamorphose, just as Annette’s journey led her to trade in her weary body for a beautiful new one. Like a butterfly.

I am happy to share my “new” blog called ‘Grace Between the Lines” . Grace refers to God’s gifts to humankind, especially the biggest gift of all, Salvation. This Grace left Annette confident in her journey home. Grace is between all the lines that weave together our lives. It is in everything. Grace Between the Lines.


Annette’s middle name is Grace. That is why I have chosen the title. Annette is woven in the fabric of my, her family and friends’ lives. Although not physically with us anymore, her grace-ful presence is always with all of us who loved her. Woven in the fabric of who we are and who we have become. Grace Between the Lines.


The tulips on the header are in honour of Annette’s favourite flower, the tulip. It symbolizes where she came from and where she went. I hope to continue to advocate and educate for people with disabilites. In her honour. Grace Between the Lines.

Welcome. I hope you will be blessed with Grace.

12 comments:

Jan Steck Huffman said...

It's perfect. Just perfect.

thank you Lisa. For all you do for Annette, and for us that love her.

Anonymous said...

When to the sessions of sweet silent thought
I summon up remembrance of things past,
I sigh the lack of many a thing I sought,
And with old woes new wail my dear Time’s
waste.
Then can I drown an eye, unused to flow,
For precious friends hid in death’s dateless night,
And weep afresh love’s long since canceled woe,
And moan th’ expense of many a vanished sight;
Then can I grieve at grievances foregone,
And heavily from woe to woe tell o’er
The sad account of fore-bemoaned moan,
Which I new pay as if not paid before.
But if the while I think of thee, dear friend,
All losses are restored and sorrows end.

--William Shakespeare

Unknown said...

It is perfect! I love it! I'm so glad we can continue on this journey with you!

Lisa said...

I love it Lisa...truly love it!

Big HUGS today and always...we are so grateful you are continuing this blog and sharing your life...and Annette's... with us.

Amy said...

Lisa, it's beautiful. Thanks for letting all of us share in your grief, your joys, and your many ways of honoring Annette's memory.

Much love to you today.

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

Much love to you today and I'll extend this to Tom, Ryan and Kurtis as well as your family and all that loved Annette. Grace between the lines is perfect for us to always remember Annette. I keep thinking how lucky we are for Annette to have such a caring sister like you!
((((HUGS)))
Shawn

Anonymous said...

Lisa, It's perfect and I know Annette is very proud. Hugs to you all.

All 4 My Gals said...

It's beautiful. Many hugs and much love!

Anonymous said...

Love and peace to you today and always...Annette is smiling down on all of us...

Jen and John

Anonymous said...

Lisa, you have come up with a great name, both to commemorate Annette, and to make this blog truly your own.
You are all in my thoughts,
Lucy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and perfect. Much love to you.

Unknown said...

oh how beautifully put....and the shakespeare has left me verklempt.

my heart aches for your family, and anger still burns in my heart. We have to stop this disease.

All our love, strangers we are, yet in my prayers you stay

e & molly kate