Thursday, April 15, 2010

I Heart Spring!!!


I sure do love spring.

More than summer? Not sure, but boy, do I sure love spring. The smells, the green grass and buds, the warm air on your skin. The sun. The sandy gravel on the road that mixes in your bike tires, reminding me of youth. As soon as I feel the slightest warming, I run to my garden centre and get me some flowers. My friend stopped by and said, "Oh, you HAVE to be the first on the block to get flowers out."

Why, yes I do.

However, even I had to stop and reflect on my geekiness when Connor and I had this conversation the other day:

ME: Look at that nice dirt!
CONNOR: Huh?
ME: The dirt! At that house! Look! It's all nice and dark brown and lush and rich looking.
CONNOR: Huh?
ME: Doesn't it look beautiful? It's all mounded up all ready for planting. It's gorgeous!
CONNOR: Huh?
ME: The DIRT! Over there! It's gorgeous!
CONNOR: WHAT are you talking about?

At this point, realizing I was talking about soil like it was art or something. I really loved the sight of that dirt!

Now, I am NOT a master gardener or anything, but I do love planting and flowers and SPRING!

Please don't hate me for my geeky love for beautiful soil!

1 comment:

Nadia said...

We are kindred souls...though I can't grow flowers to save my life!