Friday, November 02, 2007

National Down Syndrome Awareness Week and the Buddy Walk

November 1 - 7 is National Down Syndrome Awareness Week in Canada. Over the next week or so, I'll try to make a few posts about Down syndrome. For now, I'll let you know about the Buddy Walk that is happening in our area.


Here is a link to the information form. http://wrdss.ca/wrdss/docs/buddy_walk_2007.pdf


It also includes a pledge form - this is by no means necessary. Come out even if you don't have any pledges!

So, if you live in the SouthWestern Ontario area, and are looking for something fun to do on Sunday afternoon, come on out!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Annette, I hope you are having a wonderful week celebrating National Down syndrome Awareness week and the Buddy Walk was fun and a success.

I've been thinking about you. It is going to get real cold here tonight and I figured you Canadians were sending the deep freeze our way! ;)

Love you and hope you are feeling good.

Peace and love, TM

Unknown said...

Not sure how many of you know this but the Waterloo Regional Buddy Walk for Down syndrome was the brainchild of Annette just a few short years ago and it has been growing in attendance and funds ever since. The walk on Nov. 4/07 had over 150 people in it and raise over $14,000! A resounding success. I regret that I was unable to attend this year (I have a daughter with Down syndrome) but my family went and had a great time. Wanted to let you know Annette how much I appreciate what you started for our association.

Wishing you a good week.
Love, Lorna