Sunday, December 03, 2006

The start of a new tradition?

Kurtis has been soooo excited about Christmas already. He's been begging me to get the house decorated, but my rule is that I do the decorating on December 1 (or the weekend that follows) and not before. So he's been begging to bring the boxes up from the basement,,,, to put up the wreath - ANYTHING that I'd let him do. So, officially, on December 1, I allowed some decorations to be put up but on Saturday we did the tree.

Ever since Tom and I have been married, we've had an artificial tree. And growing up, we've had an artificial tree for most of my life (I do remember a live one when I was very little, but that was a loooong time ago!). Two years ago, we got a real tree after me begging for one. This year Tom thought it would be fun for us to go to a tree farm, pick out our tree and cut it down ourselves. So we headed out. They take you out on a hay ride to the trees and then you start walking and inspecting each tree in order to find "the perfect one". I was very impressed with the tree Kurtis picked, and I do think we got the perfect one! Both Kurtis and Ryan were eager to help with the saw and to drag the tree back to the tractor.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



































1 comment:

Cynthia said...

What a beautiful tradition to start! The boys looked like they had fun! Can't wait to see the finish touches... hint.

Hope all is going well!
Cynthia (t21 online)