Saturday, January 13, 2007

arrgghh .. can I whine??

How I wish I could have some REAL wine! I miss it....

And how I wish I could figure this chemo out. I'm frustrated with it. I was feeling so good after the chemo last Tuesday (the 2nd). I was tired and nauseated for two days; but the nausea was minimal and the fatigue was not totally overwhelming (ie I didn't sleep 22 hours a day). I felt pretty good Friday and Saturday and even managed to make it to my brother-in-law's party on Saturday night. I only went for 2 hours, but still, I went! Sunday was OK too and then Monday hit. I was sick on Monday and ended up sleeping most of the day. On Tuesday I felt pretty good in the morning but got sick around noon. I felt OK after my nap but not great. Then Wednesday and Thursday were rough. What's up with that? Why would I get sick a week after the chemo? Friday was a bit better and I managed to eat a bit again. Today I'm still very weak and feel tired but at least the nausea seems to be finally gone. I wish I had more energy as the local ski slopes just opened today (FINALLY!!!) and I would love to take Kurtis skiing before his lesson on Monday.

But now I can work on gaining some strength back. Have I mentioned we're planning a big trip? I'm soooooo excited about this. We, along with my sister and her family AND my Dad, are going to Disney in Florida! We're doing the Disney thing for an entire week.... staying at a hotel on Disney.... doing the ParkHopper passes and the meal plan.... relaxing at the pool at the hotel. The whole works. We decided to just do Disney (and not include Universal and Sea World etc) to try to keep things simple and not too busy. I'm a bit worried about the amount of walking involved for me, so I think we're actually going to get a wheelchair so that I can rest if I need to. And since we're staying at Disney, I can go back to the hotel, if needed, for a nap. So, if you have any Disney tips... pass them on!

And if you have any tips on why this chemo is hitting me a week later, I'd love to hear them too! :)

Happy Saturday everyone

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I could help you more with the chemo. At first I thought maybe you might have picked up a stomach bug... but it seems to have lasted longer than that. I hope you're feeling better soon!

We're going to Disney, most likely in May! I am so excited. Alex will love it!

Unknown said...

When are you going to Disney? We are going to go see Katrina's school over Easter break, and will pop over to Disney so Emma Sage can see Cinderella's castle [we have not taken her yet]

and Rhonda,,,,whaaaahh...I see you are going in May, I'd so love to meet you and Sir Alex!!!!!

I think getting a wheelchair will be a great idea....it is a lot of walking....but you will so love it. We have never stayed in the park, as my bil/sil live a 1/2 hour away, and have plenty of room for us.

Keep getting stronger....

Love you.

The Mom said...

Ohhh sorry you're feeling so yucky :( But - yayyyy - on Disneyworld!!! You guys are going to have a blast!!! Can't wiat to see pics - sooo happy for you guys!!!

Jan Steck Huffman said...

hey I think we are going in October! We will be doing the same thing; hotel at Disney (I love the Swan!) so we can veg if desired. I so hope you come to Indy in February for SigningTime too!

Glad you are feeling better!