Sunday, January 14, 2007

Food, glorious food!

Well, I can tell when I start feeling good for real. I start fantastizing about food. And, yes, I am feeling better. Yesterday was a "good" day - for real. And I have been fantasizing about a thick, juicy, tender filet mignon from The Keg for two days now. I wake up thinking about it. When I wake up in the middle of the night, I think about it. How weird is that?

I don't know what it is. Perhaps after 1.5 - 2 weeks of eating virtually nothing, my body is telling me it wants FOOD! And it's interesting in that it's never the same stuff from chemo to chemo. I've had pineapple cravings, nacho cravings, coke cravings.... It's like being pregnant. I sent Tom out at night for pineapple as I just HAD to have it. I got nachos at Taco Bell for crying out loud. I haven't eaten at Taco Bell in years (decades?) but those nachos were just calling out to me. As for Coke,,,, I never, ever drink Coke. I will occassionally have Diet Coke, but never the real thing. But the one chemo, I probably had 3 cans of it in 2 days. So this session appears to be steak. There's no way my digestive system could handle that much red meat right now so perhaps Tom and I will go out next weekend... I'm also craving a fettucine dish that we make very rarely (the last time we had it was probably 3 years ago)..... shrimp, tomatoes and goat cheese... rich but yummy. Maybe we'll have that tomorow night.

So Tom and Kurtis just headed out to go skiing. Only a few runs are open, but they are open! Kurtis starts his lessons tomorrow night and goes on Mondays and Wednesdays. And Ryan starts his lessons on Wednesday. Both boys LOVE skiing so much. It's especially great to see how much Ryan loves skiing - I can't wait until he learns to use a chair lift so that we can take him (right now, we're restricted to lessons only for Ryan as he's still learning to control speed and has never used a chair lift).

Perhaps Ryan and I will go out for breakfast together. The breakfast special is calling me!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better. Just think of all the steak and filet we can eat at Disneyworld! Pick of the menu every night! 13 rings left on our Disney chain. Getting very excited!! :)
Your sister, (who's busy packing)

Lisa

Unknown said...

I craved filet mignon when I was pregnant with Otto.......isn't funny how your body sets its mind to something.

I hope you guys got to your breakfast date.

Thinking of you.....and glad you are feeling better [and hungry!]

CJ said...

Yeah for wanting food!! No matter what you want, you deserve to endulge in it!!

The Mom said...

Sooo glad you are feeling better Annette! A steak from the Keg sounds yummy to me too! Unfortunately there are no Kegs where we live (or in the states at all?) Sounds like the boys are having lots of fun skiing! I can't wait to see pics!!!

Anonymous said...

Yea! I'm so glad that you are feeling good and hungry!

I've been thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! Don't forget to email if you ever get down to Holiday Valley in Ellicotville, NY- that's about an hour north of us :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Annette,

Looking forward to seeing you and Tom at the skihill, we can have lots of nachos!! Have a great time at Disney, see you when you get back!

Jennifer and Alan