Tuesday, September 04, 2007

A Prayer Service

Just wanted to let everyone know that my church will be holding a prayer service for me (and others in my church who are facing the same type of issue). The details have yet to be worked out but it will be on September 23, 2007 in the late afternoon or early evening.

Although one of the key purposes of this service is to pray for healing for me, it is not the only purpose. Again, the details are to be worked out, but we will focus on God's leading through our lives, our trust in Him, and joyfully praising our God. Ultimately, it will be a service of hope. We will pray - together and individually, we will sing a few songs, and we will read some Scripture and some poetry or stories.

So, if you are so inclined, feel free to come out to this prayer service. You won't be asked to pray in front of the whole audience, so don't let that scare you off. If you want the details, email me at annettel100@hotmail.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Annette, I sent this to a non-believing friend who's Mom has lung cancer. It concisely wraps up our need for patience and to remember it's HIS schedule, not ours. Easier said than done from here, but if I practice now, it'll be easier when my time comes.