Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I'm Learning...

I'm learning a great deal on my journey, and then again, sometimes I need to be reminded over and over and over again.

I've already learned but keep forgetting that while one moment is very difficult and heavy it doesn't mean I'll feel that way in an hour or tomorrow. I knew that but keep forgetting. Sometime soon, I'll master that one.

I've learned that public mourning is something that has fallen by the wayside in our society and that is not a good thing. We no longer wear black, take time off of our regular tasks/jobs, let the world know we mourn and are in pain. I wonder how I'd look in sackcloth and ashes?? I have learned why public mourning is important. When you share your hurt and pain, people respond with prayer, gestures, hugs, kind words or posts. When people respond, you feel better, you feel loved and cared for and it makes the cloak lighter to bear. It's a neat little chain reaction. Had I not shared my pain on Sunday, I would have missed out on some special moments this week. I feel loved and am loved.

I have learned and felt the power of prayer. I know many people have held me up in prayer this week. You have prayed for my comfort and peace. I know that. I can feel that.

I am learning and I have learned.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LISA,

KNOW THAT YOU ARE NEVER ALONE.GOD IS WITH YOU ALWAYS,AND I TOO AM ALSO HERE FOR YOU.YOU ARE AN AMAZING PERSON AND EACH BLOG I READ PROVES HOW "TRULY SPECIAL" YOU ARE.LISA YOU GIVE FRIENDSHIP A WHOLE NEW MEANING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE YOU LOTS

i AM PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

CHRISTINE

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

My brother passed away on Monday evening and I have taken a lot of comfort in your entries since Annette has died. I am using one of your entries at his funeral "The Horizon" by Henry Scott Holland. Thank you for reaching out to us all, it is you that has helped us.

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Jennifer. Are you a friend from the T21 board or another place?
Wishing you strength for the oming days.
Lisa

Kei said...

I am grateful that you give your grief words, and allow us to somehow lighten it together.
There is a Swedish Proverb that I have always loved~ "Friendship doubles our joy and divides our grief." How true I have always found that to be.
Hugs friend.

All 4 My Gals said...

Lisa,

You are wonderful just as your sister was. Every time I think of her, I pray for you, Tom and the boys. Thanks for continuing our friendship with Annette. We love you honey! NIcole

Lisa said...

Oh Lisa...you have been on my mind the past week, wondering how you are doing since Ryan's birthday. Such an interesting point you make about public grieving and support. Know all of us from the T21 board are sending you many hugs. Please don't hesitate to ask if there is anything at all we can do for you. Much love!

Lisa, mom to Jamie, 7