My heart is heavy right now with so much illness and stress, so I ask your prayers and positive thoughts for healing, for comfort, for peace and for hope.
1. My Mom found out this past week that she is going to need dialysis on a regular basis. Although it is manageable, it is another thing to deal with. Mom, please know I keep you in my heart and my prayers daily. I love you! We can handle this together and we'll all do whatever we can to help.
2. Our good friend "G" had a stroke this past week. We are thankful that it has "just" affected one side of her body and that she is fine cognitively. We pray that she will be able to return to full health soon and that she can return home to her family. She has young children as well so we pray that the kids will be OK as they deal with their Mom being in hospital for at least another week.
3. I had chemo again yesterday and am feeling pretty good, all things considered... just tired. Last week really wiped me out but I think I was fighting an infection. I saw my nutritionist today and I'm upping one of my supplements to deal with the mild anemia I'm experiencing.
4. Kurtis has been sick on and off since Tuesday. This is my healthy boy who very, very rarely gets sick. If he's still running a fever tomorrow, I'll have to get Tom to take him to the walk-in clinic. It's tough on both of us as I want to comfort Kurtis, but I have to be very careful as I can't risk getting sick. So no kisses, no close snuggling - just hugs. He understands, but when you're little and sick, you just want your Mommy, don't you?
5. A good on-line friend, "S", had her Mom lose her battle to cancer. S, you know I keep your family in our prayers. Although your Mom is released from her pain, it leaves a huge hole in your life and we pray for comfort for you.