We saw "the sarcoma expert" at Mount Sinai in Toronto this past week. He's not yet convinced that we need to stop the chemotherapy I was just on. Of course he didn't receive copies of my CT scans so he doesn't know for sure (as he's just going by what the doctor wrote when she asked him to see me). I'm getting the CT scans to him on Monday so he can figure out if Plan B is still a viable option for me. If that isn't possible, then we do have a Plan C - a clinical trial drug. This isn't a totally new, experimental trial. There are no placebos - everybody who is in the trial receives the drug. They've already figured out dosages and schedules for administration. The side effects are similar to most chemotherapies and the good news (for me) is that nausea is again minimal.
The one thing I can't do while on this drug is take the i.v. vitamin C therapy. It's going to be an either-or situation. I'm very disappointed in this, but I do understand why. There are some concerns that the vitamin C may interfere with the chemo. AND,,, if we do see some successes, they wouldn't know what to attribute them to - vitamin C or chemo? Right now our decision is to stick with conventional chemotherapy.
That's all for now! I'm feeling more energetic than I have in weeks and I'm off tonight to enjoy some lobster at Lobsterfest!