Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Best Laid Plans

OK, I'll admit it. I did not get around to planting my tulip and daffodil bulbs. Boy, it sounded so good on paper. It seemed easy enough:
  1. Buy bulbs - check
  2. Dig hole.
  3. Stick bulbs in (point side down?).
  4. Cover bulbs with dirt.

Didn't happen. I know, it takes all of 3 minutes. You'd think I could find 3 minutes some evening or weekend. But I didn't.

So my question, gardeners of the north, can I still plant those bulbs on a warmer day, or will I be bloomless in the spring?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Point side up - hairy side down!

It was a year ago today that I had my last cup of coffee with Annette. I really miss her.

Thinking of you this week.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

To answer your question.

Yes - if it warms enough to dig the hole - it is worth to put the bulbs in. Mind you they are calling for -10 C tonight. BRRR.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

As long as you keep them in a cool, dark place. Like a fruit cellar. Keep them there till fall and then plant them then.

All 4 My Gals said...

I'm with you honey, we have no flowers around here simply because I don't have 3 minutes anywhere in my schedule. HUGS