Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Year That Was...

It's so hard to believe that one year has gone by. 364 days since we've talked to, hugged, held, prayed with, cried over and laughed with (yes, even on her last day we shared smiles) her.

It seems like an eternity.

It seems like just a few weeks ago.

So much has happened in one year. Much grieving, growing, sorrowing. Many good and important things. Many hard and agonzing moments. We have been carried through. Not only has God carried us through, but you, our friends and family have as well. We have been blessed by so many of you.

I am anticpating Tuesday with much angst and anxiety. I am wishing those days away, while knowing that won't happen. We will face the day as we have faced the last three years: Arm in arm, together, for strength, for comfort, for hope, for peace.






6 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been thinking of Annette alot in the past week. My thoughts and prayers are with you, since I can't be!

Much love to you!

Anonymous said...

*sigh* A beautiful verse, and one which still touches me, nearly two years after my most poignant loss as yet. My thoughts are with you now, and will be with you tomorrow as you face what I know will be a very difficult day, but I pray that God's love will guide you through it, as will Annette from her Heavenly home.

Jan Steck Huffman said...

A post in Annette's Memory on my blog, on the Tri21online board...

and thank you Lisa.

Kitty, Nathanael's Mom said...

I've had Annette on my mind a lot recently, remembering her, remembering her legacy, and yes, remembering her Grace. I didn't know that was her middle name but oh how fitting.

Please accept, and extend to Tom and the boys, my love, thoughts and prayers during this season of Joy. Though hard to see loved ones pass on, I can't help but feel joy in my heart that their suffering has ended. My Mom died this year and I thought I'd never be able to face the holidays but as they come closer, so does her love and legacy. Thus my heart sings with joy for knowing there's a plan out there and that the Lord has mercy. It enables me to tell others to just draw near and he will soothe your hurting soul so that you can find that joy.

God bless, Kitty B.

All 4 My Gals said...

I miss her so!

Anonymous said...

Dear Lisa, how beautful, "Grace between the lines", a year ago already, how days pass by so quickly, with its sadness, missing Annette, and the memories, you have done a wonderful job on the blog, and I am sure, what is to come will be just as wonderful and inspiring to all who read the blog. I printed your poem and will read it to our family as we gather around for our Christmas dinner. We wish you and yours peace and God's blessings, for the season, and the new year. Shalom, P&S