Sunday, April 01, 2007

I've been tagged (a long time ago)

Nicole tagged me a while ago.... I'm just now getting around to it. I'm supposed to write my 5 favourite things about feminism. So, here goes.

1. Equal pay for equal work. I remember Mom telling me that, when she worked at the bank, a man she worked with received more money than her, for the exact same job, because "he had a family to provide for". How unfair was that?

2. We have our choice of careers.... homemakers to race car drivers. Doctors, teachers, accountants...nothing is off limits anymore.

3. Men are getting more in touch with their "feminine" side... They can do housework, cook dinner, change a diaper and no one cares. I see this as a side effect of feminism because women started expecting the men in their lives to do more - especially where women are bringing home the bacon!

4. Not changing your last name when you get married is OK. I did change my last name, but I think I might keep it if I would ever have the choice again.

That's all for now...

No comments: