Thursday, April 06, 2006

Going..going..

Nope, it's not gone yet, but it won't be long. My hair, that is. It started falling out yesterday so I think I probably have 3-4 days of "good" hair before I have to start doing the covers. For the most part, this doesn't bother me - although I must admit I felt a twinge of sadness when I first noticed it coming out.

I went wig shopping last week with a friend but didn't find anything I liked, so I'm off tomorrow as well. I can't imagine that I'm going to wear this all the time. Having done the wig thing once before, I'm not eager to repeat it. I found the wig itchy, hot and generally bothersome. Then again, I don't like hats either. Guess it's a sensory thing with me. But, I'm going to try to get a wig for "going out" (wherever that might be as going out is a bit restricted due to risk of infection). I got some turbans today at HopeSpring (a cancer support centre) - but I hate that look. I also bought a hat and a scarf - so maybe I'll go the funky hat look! Or,, depending on how it looks, I just may go au naturel - especially in the summer. Maybe I'll even post a picture with the new "do"!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Annette,,,,I bet you look great in some funky hats. I have never worn a wig, so I can just imagine how itchy they might be...I hope you find a nice wig to wear when you are feeling well enough to go out. I always think of 'Rhoda' from Mary Tyler Moore show when I see scarf turbins.

Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers everyday.

We love you dearly,

Tara Marie & Emma Sage and clan

Anonymous said...

Hi Annette,
I feel your pain! Whilst I didn't lose all of my hair I lost 50% of it. I didn't need a wig or a hair cover, but boy did it look awful! I think losing it all is better. At least when it grows in you won't look funky! LOL! I think you should let your kids pick out a funky wig that you wear around the house with them. It could help lighten the "no hair mood"!
Hugs to you!
Stephanie

Jan Steck Huffman said...

I personally think that bald is in! Hugs honey, and how did that 2nd opinion go?

Anonymous said...

Annette;

I have a close friend undergoing breast cancer treatment right now and she wears the most beautiful scarves- not the old fashioned kind, but gorgeous shades of purple and blue in great fabrics. Honestly, we all tell her we hope she'll still wear them when her hair grows back because we would miss them! :)

Take care,
Chris

Lisa said...

Go for comfort girl! I'm all for scarves and hats if you feel good in them.
And I know you'll look beautiful in whatever you choose!
Lisa

All 4 My Gals said...

You have a beautiful face, you'll still be gorgeous without hair!

Funny enough my refrain in middle school used to be, "I'd be prettier if everyone were bald". I always liked my face with no hair surrounding it. :)

Much love!