Thursday, April 20, 2006

Update - April 20, 2006

Overall, chemo went better than last time. I got the "good" i.v. drug ordered for each day - unfortunately, although they can only give it to me every 24 hours, it wears off around 18-20 hours. I need to talk to the doctor about that next month! I was also more aggressive on taking the oral anti-nausea meds. But, although the sickness was less intense, it went on longer. I'm sure part of that was because I had an additional day of chemo as well (due to the new chem we introduced). I'm still struggling with low energy levels but am learning how to manage them better. I'm finding that a walk every day actually helps with my energy so I'm going to keep that up. It's easy right now as the weather is so beautiful - the birds are chirping and the flowers are starting to bloom! I'm also learning not to overdo it and to listen to my body more. So as much as I wanted to go out to lunch with my husband today, I knew I needed to stay home and get some sleep as otherwise I will pay for it later this afternoon when the boys are home.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to know that this round was a bit more positive [how ever positive Chemo can be] and that next time maybe the doctor can shorten that 24hours to the 18/20 when you really start to need it.

and I'm so glad you are walking and listening to your body and taking a nap when you are tired.....

Isn't it so wonderful that spring has sprung by you...here too,,,it is just so beautiful and I am giddy [like a little girl] looking at all the blossoming trees and plants.

Sending you cyber hugs and positive thoughts and prayers.

Love you lots,

Anonymous said...

Annette..I now have this address so we can keep updated. Our thoughts anf prayers are always with you. I print off all the information and share it with Tracey and Jeff. Believe me and computors do not go together.
Uncle Larry.

Anonymous said...

Annette,

What a great idea! Nice to be able to hear first hand how you are progressing. Reading through some of your previous posts and you do have a knack for writing. Also, it's great to see that you have such a positive outlook on life. Take care. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

Regards, your cousin ... MB

Michelle said...

You are such a strong woman Annette! I think it's great you are listening to what your body needs and taking the walks and resting when you need to. I hope they find the right combination for next month for the meds. Continuing to send you positive thoughts and prayers.

Jan Steck Huffman said...

my thoughts continue with you and the boys, and glad you are able to take some time for yourself. Do you have tulips out yet? Ours are almost finished! (well probably due to the hail we received last week!)

Anonymous said...

I so remember the struggle of balance when Iwas sick. It's a great tool to learn to listen to your body more acutely. I have found this very helpful in other areas of my life, but unfortuntely my body still gives me a reminder telling me I've over done it every so often. Perhaps it will be a life long lesson for me! Good luck!